Monthly Archives: September 2020

Case-fatality rates don’t indicate how well a country contained COVID

Recently, I have been frequently seeing the argument that the USA has actually done a very good job at dealing with COVID because it’s case-fatality rate (i.e., the percentage of infected individuals that die from COVID) is lower than many … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , ,

COVID comorbidities are not analogous to car crashes: Debunking the 6% mortality claim

Recently, the CDC released data on COVID comorbidities, including data showing that 6% of COVID-19 deaths only listed COVID on the death certificate, while the remaining 94% of COVID deaths also listed other conditions. Many have jumped on this as … Continue reading

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged ,